Reef & Beach Resort is a 4-star oceanfront resort situated on the east coast of the island between 2 villages named Jambiani and Makunduchi.
Coral reefs protect the east coast of Zanzibar and create a long lagoon with 50 shades of turquoise. The white-sand beaches are broad and flat. The moon’s pull creates tidal differences of up to 4 metres twice a day, constantly changing the stunning ocean views. High tide is ideal for swimming, while low tide brings with it shallow waters, begging to be explored!
The ocean view rooms span across 600 metres of beach front and are spaciously positioned to create the ultimate in privacy. Easily accessible via a beautifully designed wooden bridge woven through the mangroves. The journey from the airport takes a bit over an hour, approximately 55 kilometres from the city centre, Stone Town.
The resort facilities are such that there is really no need to venture from the property except to participate in one of the many island activities available.
When Can I Go?
24 – 31 October | 31 October – 07 November | 07 – 14 November | 14 – 21 November | 21 – 28 November 2021
What's Included in the deal?
- Airfare Johannesburg - Zanzibar - Johannesburg
- South Africa air departure tax and air passenger tax
- Zanzibar air departure tax
- Return airport transfers (seat-in-coach)
- Accommodation as per above
- All Inclusive: Breakfast, lunch & dinner as well as light snacks twice a day (11:00 and 17:30). Selected drinks between 10:00 – 23:00 (coffee, tea, mineral water, dispenser juice, soda, house wine, local beer, local spirits, non-alcoholic cocktails and a selection of alcoholic cocktails made with local spirits.
- Rate excludes: Safe Box: 5USD per stay, Swimming Towels: 5USD for the whole stay (towel wash: 1USD each time the guests wish to wash/change)
What's not Included?
- Visas ($50) obtained upon arrival in Zanzibar (not applicable to South African passport holders)
- Yellow Fever injections – No longer required by South African residents
- Zanzibar is a malaria area
- USD 1 per person per day new infrastructure tax imposed by the Zanzibar Revenue Board. This tax is charged directly on the hotel bill and payable to the hotel direct upon check out. Applicable to both adults and children
- R200 per person local fee is payable in advance for the complimentary Stone Town Shopping & Spice Experience
- Any PCR test costs that may be required by the relevant airlines to fly to Zanzibar
- Any PCR test costs conducted in Zanzibar in order to return to South Africa
- All travellers from South Africa, India, Uganda, DRC, United Kingdom, United States, Peru, Brazil, Philippines or Indonesia* shall be subject to a rapid test on arrival in Zanzibar. The cost, payable directly in cash, is U$25 per person. In order to minimise the wait on arrival in Zanzibar, you may book your rapid test and pay online (MasterCard or Visa only) https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz
- *This list is subject to change based on the WHO’s updates on COVID-19 variants
AIRFARE SURCHARGES & CONDITIONS
- Please note that prices are input manually & fluctuate daily in accordance with the current rate of exchange.
- Airline supplements of R2500 will apply on departures over high / peak season and school holidays.
- Peak Season Supplements include: 10 Dec 21 - 06 Jan 22
- Seasonable closures, block out periods, & peak season supplements may apply.
- Packages are based on a minimum of 2 people sharing.
- Valid for dates as specified.
- Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
Terms and Conditions
All prices are from a starting price, based on lowest class fare, per person sharing, subject to change, airfare increase, currency fluctuation and availability. Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum stay conditions may apply. Single room rate and child rates available on request where applicable.